Wednesday 12 March 2014

Embarrassing Nanny Story!

OK so I thought this week I would share a funny story albeit an embarrassing one. This happened to me a few years back when I was caring for two kids who at the time were 2 and 4 years of age. The little girl was 2 and the boy 4. 
On this particular evening I was finishing a week long job where the parents were away for the whole week and I stayed in their room for the duration. I have just cleaned the parents room and changed the sheets on their bed and was on the verge of putting the kids to bed, when the little girl comes out of her parents room holding and sucking the parents personal tube of KY Jelly!
I ran and grabbed it off her and was horrified thinking how much had she had before I got to it! But having been in their room for a minute or two I knew she must not have had much. 
Now came the dilemma, do I put it back in their draw and pretend it didn't happen or tell them. Well I rang a friend, who had a good laugh about the whole situation and then pointed out to me that if I don't say anything the parents might think that
1. I went through their personal belongings and 
2. that potentially I had used their KY Jelly!
That idea was even more horrific, so I decided to tell them about what had happened and let me tell you it was by far one of the most embarrassing conversations I have ever had. Both I and the mother went completely red and it took a couple of days before she would look me in the eye. From that time on parents room was always closed and off bounds.
So the moral of the story, watch your charges like sharks!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment