Tuesday 15 April 2014

Pumpkin and Lentil Soup

The weather has been getting cooler and cooler and I like nothing better than a nice hot soup to warm me up. So I thought I would share this recipe that I have made up ages ago, its pumpkin soup but more filling and delicious. The recipe makes around 4 big cups and my little one loves it too. I use wholemeal toast as croutons for her and nice warm rolls with heaps of butter for us.

Ingredients

500 grams pumpkin (I like buttercup, chopped into chunks)
1 cup lentils (I use red variety but others work well too)
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
coriander and sour cream (optional and to serve)
oil spray
salt and pepper to taste

Method

  • Over a medium heat in a soup pan, spray oil onto the surface and throw in the onions and garlic. Stir until onions go clear
  • Throw in the pumpkin and stir for a minute.
  • Put in 3 cups of water and bring to boil. Put in lentils and reduce heat to low
  • Let cook for at least 25 minutes and then until pumpkin is cooked through
  • Take of stove and using a hand held blender, whizz contents until smooth
  • Salt and Pepper to taste and serve with chopped coriander and a dollop of sour cream 
Enjoy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment